On Wednesday, April 24th 2019, Angela Adams was honored as one of four women “pioneering and trailblazing paths” during The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) annual luncheon.
“I am so proud of this recognition. To me it affirms my decision to start my own practice and follow my dreams,” Adams said.
As described by NAWBO, “established in 2005, the Trailblazers panel discussion has become a “must-see” event, featuring diverse and highly accomplished women business leaders. This panel of Trailblazers [focused] on the challenges, successes, perspectives, and habits that have led them to become known as Trailblazers.”
Here are a few of the standout quotes from Adams’ time on the panel:
- “When you do the right thing, good stuff has a way of happening.”
- “Be open to living in the moment. Be present.”
- “If you don’t show up, you’ll never find out. Showing up is important.”
- “Mistakes are going to be made, we’re human. Knowing what you’re going to do when a mistake happens is part of succeeding.”
- “My advice to my 25-year old self would: Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.”
- “The barrier for me was self-confidence. I had to overcome my own doubt. Everyone else believed in me before I believed in myself.”
- “Part of starting my business was creating an environment where women can thrive. I don’t care where you work or when as long as you get the work done. Women can be mothers and professionals.”
The other 2019 NAWBO Trailblazers include:
- Melody Birmingham-Byrd, SVP and Chief Procurement Officer at Duke Energy
- Moira Carlstedt, President and CEO at Indiana Neighborhood Housing Partnership
- Barbara Duncombe, Practice Group Chair and Partner, Taft Stettinius & Hollister
“My favorite part of the event today was talking about what success means to me and getting to share the award with my family and our amazing team at Adams Immigration Law,” Adams said.
Look through some of the photos from the event below!