Hannah Croucher, Law Clerk
Hannah Croucher is an evening 4L student at the IU McKinney School of Law and will graduate in May 2019. Her focus is immigration law, international law, and international human rights law. She has particular focus in labor rights and employment matters, asylum and migration, and women’s rights and empowerment, with an emphasis on the Middle East and North Africa. She also has conversational fluency in Arabic. During the summer of 2017, Hannah was an intern through the Program in International Human Rights Law through McKinney law, where she lived in Morocco for 3 months working in asylum, combatting underage child marriage, and women’s rights and empowerment. During the 2017-2018 school year, she was granted the Joan M. Ruhtenberg Scholarship for Achievement in Life and Legal Writing, and also worked throughout the year in an immigration firm in Indianapolis, primarily on family-based immigration matters. During the summer of 2018, she received the Michael and Nancie Freeborn Civil and Human Rights Fellowship through McKinney Law, and became a member of the Legal Field Team with Advocates Abroad in Chios, Greece for 6 weeks, where she primarily prepared asylum seekers for their asylum interviews in accordance with EU law.
Hannah was chosen as a Fulbright Specialist where, from September through October 2018, she traveled to Qatar and worked with the Director of the Qatar University College of Law’s Law Clinic, and aided in the capacity-building of the Law Clinic, its’ services, and its’ educational opportunities; helped establish, organize, and maintain partnerships by engaging national, regional, and international stakeholders in partnership and support of the Law Clinic; and, assisted the Director of the Law Clinic in teaching students about various fields of law, particularly within the realm of labor and employment law involving migrant workers’ rights, family law, and immigration.
- Juris Doctor Candidate ‘19
- Indiana University McKinney School of Law
- Fulbright Specialist, Fulbright, U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA)
- Law Clerk, Adam’s Immigration Law, LLC
- Fellow, Michael and Nancie Freeborn Civil and Human Rights Fellowship, Summer 2018
- Legal Field Team, Chios Greece, Advocates Abroad, Summer 2018
- Law Clerk, Indiana Immigration Law Group, Corado LLC, August 2017-May 2018
- Vice President, Islamic Law Association, 2017-2018
- Intern, Program in International Human Rights Law, Summer 2017